Introducing the Portal Bowl, a stylish reusable to-go meal container.
Photo of prototype. © 2020 Portal Inc.
What makes the Portal Bowl better
Portal Swap is a scalable solution to single-use take-out packaging.
Did you know that most cities' health departments (including NYC) prohibit restaurants from accepting outside food containers from customers? It's a public safety issue. Restaurants must serve customers in containers from the back of house.
Portal Swap conveniently works within this framework by supplying restaurants with Portal Bowls that they keep clean and stocked.
Here's How It Works
Drop off your Portal Bowl at a participating restaurant.
Order as usual.
Be served in a fresh Portal Bowl.
Repeat whenever you want meals to-go. Enjoy!
Why It Matters
1 Portal Bowl eliminates
Portal wants you to have a better take-out dining experience that is healthier for your body and for the planet.
1. Did you know that many compostable single-use containers contain PFAS, toxic compounds that never break down and are linked to cancer and other health issues? Portal Bowls are PFAS free.
2. Did you know that less than 8% of plastics are recycled globally. Through Portal Swap, we will be better equipped to recapture our bowls at the end of their life cycle (when they are damaged or worn out). We will ensure that they are properly recycled.
3. Did you know that the constant need to manufacture, transport, and dispose of single-use food packaging is a major contributor of climate change? By switching to Portal for your take-out meals, you will reduce your carbon footprint by up to 1,200lbs annually.
4. Did you know that food and food packaging makes up 45% of the contents of landfills and that over a third of trash ends up in the environment where it threatens wildlife and contaminates our food supply? Each time you use a Portal Bowl, you will help save over 800,000 tons of take-out packaging from landfills and oceans annually.
400+ disposable bowls
1. Pre Pre Order a Portal Bowl ahead of our crowdfunding campaign we are preparing to launch in early, 2020.
2. Sign Up for our mailing list for updates on our progress and follow us on social media.
3. Share our site with your friends and co-workers and advocate for Portal Exchange at your favorite restaurants and eateries.
4. Interested in joining our team? Contact us at email@example.com